Strategije za okoliš
We tackle youth substance use from every angle, and this committee implements some of the most effective strategies out of current prevention research by primarily working on policy and procedural change.
- Access to substances: We work on policies to limit access to substances in the home, local establishments and schools.
- Enforcement: We encourage the strengthening and enforcement of policies and practices that deter use (such as enforcement of social host ordinances and family rules).
- Consequences: We work to establish appropriate consequences for drug and alcohol use.
Social Host Ordinances
A social host ordinance makes it illegal to provide a location where underage substance use takes place. Across Minnesota it is illegal to provide alcohol and other substances to a person under 21. Unfortunately, current State Statute does not clearly make it illegal to allow underage substance use in one’s home or property. A Social Host ordinance closes that loophole.
What a Social Host Ordinance is and is not
A social host ordinance is about keeping our youth safe and healthy and encouraging them to make decisions that will contribute to their future success. The focus is not about penalizing or “catching” people, nor adding unnecessary laws that add to the workload of law enforcement and the courts. A Social Host Ordinance excludes landlords and property owners while they are away from the property, provided they were unaware that illegal consumption was going to occur on their property.
Povežite se sa nama da učestvujete
Nabavi sedmične podsjetnike, zabavne dojave o aktivnostima, uključujem članke i više!
- Utorak, SEPT. 19, 9-10:30 ujutro, DSC društveni boravak
- Utorak, nova. 14, 1-2:30 p.m., DSC društveni boravak
- Utorak, Jan. 16, 9-10:30 a.m., DSC društveni boravak
- Utorak, 13 Mart, 1-2:30 p.m., DSC društveni boravak
- Utorak, 8 maj, 9-10:30 ujutro, DSC društveni boravak