Stablo koje daje
The Giving Tree is a program started by parent volunteers who noticed some children were coming to school without some basic needs met. Our group started at Excelsior Elementary, but we’re expanding to address basic daily needs at MMW. These needs can range from clothing, second servings of hot lunches, school snacks, basic daily hygiene needs, gift cards to local retailers (i.e. Cub Foods), transporting weekly food back packs from ICA food shelf, etc.
Our purpose is to provide assistance to children so they are ready to learn. Our hope is it will provide a boost so all children at MMW will benefit.
Here’s how it works:
- School staff person/parent recognizes a need and contacts the counselors.
- They then contact The Giving Tree.
- A Sign-Up Genius request is sent out to people who have expressed an interest in helping.
- The donation, whether monetary or item specific, is dropped off at school and the counselor gets it to the appropriate family.
- The district will keep track of monetary donations and send a letter to your home for tax receipts. All donations are anonymous.
If you need support for your child please contact their school counselor.
Or, if you'd like to be included on the email requests for donation purposes, please contact Nicole Durkee (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jan Hall (email@example.com)